Followers

Friday 7 February 2014

Creating the Magazine Poster - #7

Creating the Magazine Poster - #7

When creating the magazine poster, I used a lot of the same graphics from the bus poster template, this made the process a lot faster. It also meant that both designs were linked and recognisably together as part of the same advertising campaign.

This design also includes barbed wire, the prison tower and an actor playing the protagonist from The Walking Dead. I was wanting to create the same effect as the Bus poster. The apocalyptic feel is what I was going for and I felt that the graphics I used lent itself to this well.

This time, I decided to make the background layer look like a dramatic, stormy sky. This is stereotypical to the horror and drama genre. I did this by using the Paint Brush tool and selecting a grey colour. I turned down to softness and started doing strokes, making it purposely uneven.

I repeated this process a few different times but this time choosing a different shade of grey and doing stokes in different places. the over all effect was that the sky looked stormy and realistic.

When I used the barbed wire this time, I increased the size making the barbed wire look closer, making the audience feel more up close and personal with the action.

I also used a picture of the actor looking straight at the audience to re-enforce this effect. The effect is that the actor looks like he is aiming his gun right at the audience, involving them into the action and making them feel involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment