Followers

Friday 7 February 2014

Adding Barbed Wire - #6

Adding Barbed Wire - #6

The next step to the Bus poster was to add barbed wire. Just like with the Prison tower, I drew the graphic myself and used Illustrator to trace the image onto the computer. Once I'd done this, the graphic look realistic and effective enough without having to add any effects.

All that was left to do with this layer, was to resize it and made sure it stretched the length of the bus. I l also made sure that this layer was on top of all previous layers so it ran in front of the Prison Tower.










The aim and purpose of this advertisement going on the bus is to promote BBC Cult and The Walking Dead. To do this, it needs text giving information to the public making it clear that its promoting BBC Cult.

The text is in a large font making it stand out and ensuring that public will be able to clearly see it and understand what the poster is about.

The colours I have used are red and brown. These colours represent the Horror genre and represent the apocalyptic theme i'm following. These colours help the text blend in with the rest of the graphics and stop it from looking out of place.

I also added texture to the text, making it look like mud, just like with the colour, this has been done to make the text fir in with the theme and the rest of the graphics. I have also put an outer glow on the text making a white light radiate from the text. This helps makes the text stand out from the background.

To complete the bus advertisement, I wanted to include an actor posing as the main protagonist from The Walking Dead.

 I took the photo of the actor stood against a solid white wall. This meant that when I placed the photo into Photoshop I was easily able to get rid of the background by using the Background Eraser tool.
I then re-sized the image and placed the layer at the top.

once this was done, I was left with the finished Bus poster design.

No comments:

Post a Comment